Multinational Company (Shipping)
Staff within shipping company feeling more in-control of their workloads and their time, therefore, their stress level has also reduced by a substantial 27.5%
“I have learnt about work place organization, prioritizing and a scientific analysis in identifying and controlling processes that were initially deemed difficult to control.”
- More available time has resulted from effective management of e-mail, voicemail and calendar and more focus on strategic, high-value activities.
- There have been huge gains in productivity as a result of streamlining work processes and regaining control over email
- There’s been a substantial reduction in stress.
The Managing Director was looking for a program to enhance employees’ flexibility and adaptability to changes that were happening in the organization. There was a strong drive to improve and a new growth strategy. There were also challenges around the critical workflow process management, the ineffective use of resources and technology such as email, and the need to find time to “step back” and take a proactive approach to work needing to be addressed.
The Personal Efficiency Program (PEP) is a foundation program for all staff levels, which equips them with the tools and principles towards building a culture of efficiency and respect within the organization. Through PEP, individuals will be able to:
- Focus on strategic, high-value activities
- Increase personal productivity and prioritize effectively
- Work on projects and key tasks that directly relate to the key strategies and business plans of the organization
- Effectively manage e-mail, voicemail and calendar
They have also utilized their work-time more efficiently with improvement on:
- Looking for papers or files (70%)
- Reading mail/ emails/ dealing with in-tray/ in-box (75%)
- Planned meeting (72%)
- Working on projects/ key priorities (71%)
Overall, they are feeling more in-control of their workloads and their time, therefore, their stress level has also reduced by a substantial 27.5%. That helps them to be more productive at the workplace.