- Before the end of your workday make a plan for tomorrow identifying your most important tasks/projects and key objectives.
- Institute PEP®’s 60/50™ Meeting Rule. All 60-minute meetings will last only 50 minutes. All 30-minute meetings will last only 20 minutes. 60/50™ can recover 3.5± weeks per year, per person, of valuable time
- No Scroll Bar in your Inbox at the end of the work day.
Embrace the Digital Revolution, but put chaos in order by embracing the PEP® principals.
- Have a day of rest after the work week when you take a break from electronic messaging, even for an evening, and enjoy in gratitude and restfulness the good things in your life.
- When writing an email “wear the shoes” of the receiver & make sure you have a clear Subject Line.
- Set your system to open in Calendar mode first, not email.
Dedicate the first 45 minutes of your day to a Major Priority before opening email.
- Rotate taking and distributing meeting notes and follow-up actions among team members.
- Slow down! Make time to plan and think – it leads to a more fluid approach to work activity.
- Identify when you are most productive during the day, have the best focus, energy and attention, then plan your priority tasks and activities at this time.
- Get more rest – go to sleep an hour earlier.
- Set “Me Time” to reflect and act on the important high-value work each day.
- Respect your own time as you respect the time of others.
- Do the Worst Thing First every day and enjoy the feeling of not procrastinating.
- Do not multitask— It Wastes your Time, Decreases Focus & Creates Stress.